If you have been feeling sluggish lately, it might be time to focus on your diet. The right foods can give you the energy that you need in order to get through your day without being tired and hungry all of the time. One of these foods is protein, which comes from meat, dairy products, and eggs. Protein helps build muscle tissue while also providing a number of other benefits such as improved immunity and better digestion!
Protein is an essential part of a healthy diet and most Americans don’t get enough. In this blog post, we’ll talk about the health benefits that come with eating more protein, as well as some recipes for tasty high-protein meals.
Protein provides the building blocks for muscle tissue.
These amino acids help to keep muscles healthy and strong which is important for people who want a lean body type or are working out regularly.
- Protein also contains glutamine, an essential nutrient that helps maintain intestinal lining cells and can heal ulcers when taken in large doses (up to 60 grams per day).
- Protein is also a great appetite suppressant and it makes you feel fuller which can help with weight management goals.
- It’s not just for people who want to lose weight though! Eating more protein helps your body repair after intense workouts or injury, even rebuilding collagen in the skin that slows down as we age.
If you are looking to improve your health, eating more protein may be a good start.
Many people eat too little protein and this can lead to problems like weight gain or muscle loss over time. Eating food high in protein is an easy way to get the nutrients that will make you feel better all day long! Protein has been known to help with weight management, digestion and metabolism, skin health, and even mood.
Eating more protein can improve your overall health in a number of ways!
What are foods rich in protein included in our weekly special diet plan?
- Meat (chicken, beef, pork)
- Seafood and Shellfish (shrimp, canned tuna or salmon, crab meat)
- Cheese Products (cottage cheese made from skim milk, ricotta cheese without additives)
- Dairy Products (low-fat yogurt with live cultures such the ones from Stonyfield Farm, reduced-fat milk)
What are some healthy ways to prepare protein?
- Grilled or roasted meat
- Baked fish (try adding lemon juice and capers before baking for an extra zing!)
- Eggs can be prepared in many different styles including boiling, poaching, scrambling them with veggies
With that list of protein-rich foods, it is easy to see how a person could easily get their needed protein! They can list their own meal plan with protein sources (e.g., eggs, chicken breast, beef stir fry) or just go out to a restaurant and find the best protein-rich option on the menu! Another great option is to order online from places like Edibolic Kitchen, since we provide nutritional information for all of our dishes.